Re: [TCML] 8 inch tesla coil design

Your nst will fail to properly charge a larger cap value resulting in a
rat-tat-tat machine gun like sound from the coil.  Unpleasant.

I prefer to go around 90% (10% UNDER) the res value which results in a very
active smooth spark dancing around the toroid.

3:1 is ok, but 4.5:1 allows for more turns and better output potential.
Also, keep the sec coil form dia as large as possible.  With 3 nsts in
parallel I like to use a 10" ID coilform.

Dr,. Resonance