Re: [TCML] tesla coil did not work

When you say the buildings fuse was "broken", do you mean the circuit
breaker tripped, or is it an actual fuse, like from 1932?
If the transformers amperage draw is too high for your buildings
wiring to handle then you've got a whole other problem, perhaps a
variac would help.
But if the circuit is on a GFI breaker, you will need to either
replace it with a standard breaker of the appropriate amperage or use
an outlet that is not on a GFI protected circuit.
Any arcing, high voltage toy is going to look like a toaster in a
bathtub to a GFI and it will open the circuit.

And as Bart said, learn how to use JavaTC.
It will give you a great deal of insight and remove a lot of the
guesswork from your tuning issues.