Re: [TCML] DC pulse capacitor help

Hi Shelby.
I used to use an MMC made from the famed CDE 942 series caps.  Worked great.
Now I use the Maxwells bought from that same guy on eBay.   They take up far less space, and given the number of 942s I needed to make my MMC, I'd say it was the roughly the same cost, and I didn't have to build a circuit board, etc.
However, I am somewhat paranoid and I did buy a 60kv rated power resistor as a bleeder, and that probably tipped the scales cost wise in favor of the smaller 942s.  A bunch of 10Meg 2W resistors cost just a few bucks for 100 from Mouser.  Whereas the 60kV deal I bought was about $30.
All said, been using the Maxwell setup for about 2 months.  So far so good.
Joe