Re: [TCML] Touching 500Kv Tesla coil

amir gh wrote:
hi.
I showed my coil to my parents and family but it looks like they didn't
interest much in it So for more thrill i'm going to touch my coil while i'm
not touching ground (sitting on a wooden chair).
NST is 12 @ 30mA
and coil is ~ 500Kv in small current
Javatc says that freq is ~ 180Khz
Is it going to kill me?

Probably not, but a bad, bad idea anyway.

You may not feel a shock (the RF frequency is above the maximum response frequency of the nerves). You might feel the heat as the current burns you, or you might not.

You might get a nasty deep burn, which can take a while to heal.

You could have a spark streamer contact the primary and you at the same time, and since sparks are a pretty good conductor, that's like touching your NST output with your finger.

There *are* people who do this stunt, but they've given it a lot of thought as far as safety goes, and they have studied the (fortunately relatively few) injuries and deaths that have occurred to make sure they don't duplicate it.