Re: [TCML] Touching 500Kv Tesla coil

I would encourage not to try that! It might not kill you but it will hurt so please for the sake of the coiling community and yourself ,forgo this kind of expirement using any kind of T/C. If you have to, use an electrostatic machine like a Van De Graff,Wheimherst,or Dirod. Aside from the possibility of stopping your heart there is also danger of permanent nerve damage,and deep,painful,and slo healing RF burn. I am pretty shure all of the coiling community would agree with me on this one... Long Arc's and Bright SAFE sparks to ya ... Binny... ----- Original Message ----- From: "amir gh" <mamout.72@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, October 29, 2010 10:35 AM
Subject: [TCML] Touching 500Kv Tesla coil

hi.
I showed my coil to my parents and family but it looks like they didn't
interest much in it So for more thrill i'm going to touch my coil while i'm
not touching ground (sitting on a wooden chair).
NST is 12 @ 30mA
and coil is ~ 500Kv in small current
Javatc says that freq is ~ 180Khz
Is it going to kill me?