Re: [TCML] A Few Questions (Primary, Counterpoise, Ground)

Brandon Hendershot wrote:
Hi All,

I have just a few accumulated questions to ask;
1) Is having excess untapped primary coil 'bad'?

no.. bear in mind that the voltage at the "free" end of the primary can get higher than your primary voltage.

2) Can a counterpoise be just a good a ground, if not better than a ground
rod?

yes

3) Can you connect the Terry filter to the same counterpoise as the
secondary to ground it?

The "common" on the Terry filter should be connected to the case ground of the NST (that's what it's protecting).

Thanks all, I really appreciate all of your help,
Brandon