[TCML] Last reminder - 2010 North Texas Teslathon

Final reminder that the North Texas Teslathon is this Saturday, October 30th., from 9:00 a.m. until about 11:00 p.m.

Bert Pool

       The 2010 North Texas Teslathon will be the last Saturday in
       October, October 30th. at Bert Pool's place. I am located about
       15 miles west of Fort Worth Texas @ 233 Remuda Circle West, Fort
       Worth Texas. Contact me off-line at P00L256@xxxxxxxxxxx
       </mc/compose?to=P00L256@xxxxxxxxxxx> (those are zeroes, not
       oh's) if you need more specific directions on how to get here.
       We have 120 and 240 volts available (50 amps) for those who wish
       to bring Tesla coils. We'll be setting up the Wart Hog outdoors
       (here's hoping for suitable weather!), so we should have some 12
       foot sparks out in the driveway, come evening darkness. There
       will be a number of interesting non-Tesla related projects on
       show this year, so if you have a cool project, bring it along.
       And we almost always drag out some lasers, microwave
       gunnplexers, and other interesting things. Wild Bill is going to
       set up his big quarter shrinker this year. If you have
       interesting equipment for sale or trade, toss it in the back of
       the car or truck and bring it along! We'll have basic grilled
       burgers and hot dogs, chips and drinks, so expect to pony up a
       few bucks to cover food costs, or you can make arrangements to
       bring food/ice/chips/dip/etc.

       If you are coming, please let me know, so I'll know how much
       food to buy. 'Thon starts about 9:00 a.m. and will run until
       about 10:00 or 11:00 p.m.

       And if you have a friend that you know would really enjoy this,
       bring him/her along. No small children, please. And no alcohol -
       booze and high voltage do not mix.

       The good sparks will all start when it gets dark, so if you do
       not want to hang around all day, then be sure to arrive just
       before it gets dark.

       The nearest motel, for any long distance travelers, is located
       at the intersection of White Settlement Rd and Loop 820 N:

       Best Western Fort Worth Inn & SuitesAddress:Station is accessible‎
       Not true? Show all edits Not true?
       201 W Loop 820 N
       Fort Worth, TX 76108-2034

       Get Directions
       (817) 246-8777

       Lat/long for motel is about 32.76188, -97.47934, and is about 7
       miles from Bert's house. Since I live off White Settlement Road,
       it is a convenient place to stay. I've never stayed there, but
       what can I say? A Best Western is a Best Western.

       Directions from the intersection of IH-820 N and White
       Settlement Rd to my house:
       7.8 mi

       Start: White Settlement Rd

       1. Head west on White Settlement Rd 0.3 mi
       2. At Clifford St light, Turn left to stay on White Settlement
       Rd 5.0 mi
       3. Turn right at Remuda Dr 0.6 mi
       4. Take the 3rd right to stay on Remuda Dr 0.3 mi
       5. Continue onto Arroyo Dr 0.5 mi
       6. Turn left at Ladera Dr 0.5 mi
       7. Slight right at Valle St 0.2 mi
       8. Turn left at Remuda Cir W 0.3 mi
       9. Continue onto Remuda Dr to 233 Remuda Dr West 600 ft

       End: 233 Remuda Dr West

       I'm looking forward to seeing everyone - it's been about 3 years
       since I've hosted a 'thon, and Phil and Venice Rembold, our past
       Teslaton hosts, are certainly due a little break!

       Bert Pool
       817 598-8051