Re: [TCML] Propeller-Style SRSG eats Tungsten Rods @ 10kVA

I recognize the glowing orange circle and the smoke, which in my case meant more power consumed in the gap than going out the top of the secondary. Some tuning fixed that in my case. It wasn't just the power increase. With the primary tuned, I get no more smoke. Just what I presume is standard erosion. Now I'm just considering the other issues of gap quenching that have been mentioned here on the list. I am reengineering my ARSG to maximize vibrational stability and higher current. Will test that, hopefully, this weekend.

Joe

This happens to a propeller style 200bps SRSG (3000rpm), if to much power is applied to its much to small pure tungsten rods. They are 4mm in diameter. Watch the white smoke, its Tungsten-Oxide! I now have to replace them by 8mm rods, which should be capable of processing 10kVA input power.