[TCML] High Voltage Choke

As part of a LC filter circuit in a power supply I'm building (for all sorts of reasons), I'm looking to construct a ~200mH, 25kV inductor to reduce the strain on the filter capacitor (2uF) and bridge rectifier. The operating current will be between 0 and 160mA.

I'm having a hard time (1) figuring out the size, and number, of silicon-steel laminations that will be necessary to handle these requirements, and (2) finding a source for such built-up cores.

I think the best bet is to take apart a transformer and rewind it, but I'm concerned that I won't be able to get enough turns through the window with the high-voltage insulated wire. Has anyone successfully done this?

Happy to be back to the list,
Scott.