Re: [TCML] 24V transformer

Scott Bogard wrote:
Hey all,
Does anybody know of a good source for 12/24 or whatever volt transformers with decent current ratings. I'm gearing up to do some HIGH POWER ZVS style flyback drivers and I'm afraid the wimpy 3-amp ones I have will die in short order, and I don't want to spend a lot of money (not that anybody ever does.) Just thought maybe somebody knew of a surplus place somewhere that had some in stock. I could make my own out of MOTs but they are heavy and I don't have a never ending supply... The other alternative is to run it off the wall and use a huge current limiter for my 150+Watts target, but I don't know what that entails (aside from expensive filter caps, what is a good target, 2,000 uf?) can I use a big BJT and heat sink with small fan to limit current to an amp or two... These will be for big 2-4 ft plasma displays assuming my proposed glass lath and torch works as expected, but it never hurts to plan ahead. Thanks.

What about the transformers for low voltage lighting.. Available in sizes from a few watts up to hundreds of VA.