From: "Jon Danniken" <danniken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 17:28:31
Subject: [TCML] Primary support "advance"

I'm making some primary supports for my next upgrade, ready to notch them
out with the router, and I am wondering how you handle the "advancing" of
each turn.

With six supports, and 1/4" tubing, each support location will have a 1/24"
radial difference from it's predecessor.

The two obvious ways to handle this are one, to make each notch by advancing
the jig 1/24" for *every* notch, or two, by making all six of the supports
identical, and varying each support's location on the plywood "donut"
supporting the primary and supports.

Which method to you do?

The last time I did this, I remember advancing each one by 1/24", but as I
don't (yet) possess a ruler graduated in 1/24", I can't for the life of me
remember how I achieved this.  This method would require changing the jig
for each notch.

Jon