Re: [TCML] Re: Fried It!

> So TCML members - do we think this is emi that is getting back into
> the ac lines and not being adequately filtered? Or is this the result
> of a direct strike, em fields, a possible radiating coil or something
> else?

     yes.  all of the above.

     I used to do EMI for a living, tho not from Tesla Coil
     class sources.  The EASIEST gotcha is that the EMI can
     EASILY radiate AROUND the filter.  For full effect the
     filter has to be in a 'cage' ('Faraday cage') wall, with
     the source inside.  Not practical, mostly.

     This applies to both 'sources' and 'victims'.  Filters
     without cages can help, may be enough, may not.  Each
     instance has to be looked at hard, and the subtleties
     can appear magickal: the physics is unforgiving.

     best
      dwp