[TCML] First Coil

Hi all,

I just finished building my first Tesla coil.  It is a magnifier configuration.

I'm getting 3 to 4 inch streamers from a 225 VA 7500 Volt NST with 2nF of tank capacitance.

The only problem I had was getting the primary side on the right frequency.  Once I realized that the secondary (not the extra coil) was adding inductance to the primary circuit I was able to get it tuned.

Anybody have a formula that can calculate the added inductance to the primary when a tightly coupled secondary inductor is present ?

Pictures and construction details at http://timpatti.com/magnifier.html

Tesla mailing list
Tesla@xxxxxxxxxx