From: Binny [mailto:binny@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Saturday, May 22, 2010 6:38 PM
To: Tesla Coil Mailing List
Subject: Re: [TCML] Ball Lightning

I am not shure about ball lightning but allow you to let me relate my
expirence.Just before my Viet Nam war error days I was rinning an old
Lafayette radio CB unit thru a stinger mounted in a lighting rod holder
I had stripped out on the old farmhouse rooftop.It worked unbelievely
well I might add. One day when one of those teriffic lightning storms
went thru down near the Maine coast.  I figured I'd better disconnect
the coax from my rig. I coiled the coax on the floor of my room away
from the transcever directly above the kitchen sink in the old
farmhouse. Well needless to say lightning hit the antenna went thru the
coax and the floor hit the sink and made a ball that bounced around  the
kitchen for a while then went out thru the screen door blowing a hole
thru it the size of a soccerball and no one can tell me that is a
hallunation from phosmene in the brain because I was the one who had to
replace the screening.