Re: [TCML] Ball Lightning

I am not shure about ball lightning but allow you to let me relate my expirence.Just before my Viet Nam war error days I was rinning an old Lafayette radio CB unit thru a stinger mounted in a lighting rod holder I had stripped out on the old farmhouse rooftop.It worked unbelievely well I might add. One day when one of those teriffic lightning storms went thru down near the Maine coast. I figured I'd better disconnect the coax from my rig. I coiled the coax on the floor of my room away from the transcever directly above the kitchen sink in the old farmhouse. Well needless to say lightning hit the antenna went thru the coax and the floor hit the sink and made a ball that bounced around the kitchen for a while then went out thru the screen door blowing a hole thru it the size of a soccerball and no one can tell me that is a hallunation from phosmene in the brain because I was the one who had to replace the screening.

----- Original Message ----- From: "DC Cox" <resonance@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, May 22, 2010 10:16 AM
Subject: Re: [TCML] Ball Lightning

I agree that carbon and fine metal powder has been found to be the source in
many cases, but it does not apply to this case.

The guy wires were very high up on the tower, some at 200 ft level, 400 ft,
and 600 ft.  There was no carbon this high up as the engineer who actually
lived with his family in a home next to the tower base (he maintained the
transmitter in the base as well) used to climb the tower to replace lights
and reported nothing unusual in the form of metal.  This tower ws on a 900
ft high hill area of solid quartzite though.  Possible peizo connection?

These balls would get large, then move from the V area sometimes finding and
following the power lines.  In one case they came thru a wall into their
home area and scared the entire family who was watching TV?

After the tower was regrounded due to lightning problems, it all stopped.

DC