Re: [TCML] OT high voltage DC power supply PLEASE HELP

Hey Chris, hey all,
I did not mean to suggest that the VDG was to power the ionic filter,
I meant maybe as the main project instead of the ionic filter.
(Although they can power a particle accelerator...)
I think flybacks are awesome, just maybe a little to awesome for a
bunch of 14 year-olds who have zero respect for their awesomeness ; )
The point I wanted to make was that VDGs in the dimensional order of
around a 10 - 12 inch sphere with 2x4 inch rollers and a 3 inch belt
driven by a fan motor can put out enough voltage to be damn near scary
but in no way harm anyone (barring the pacemaker packers of course).
When else can you safely play with 70KV?
I thought the kids might really dig it.
Im just sorry I waited til I was 35 to build one.

And just for the record, I have found that higher speeds can
significantly reduce the output of a VDG. Surface area of belt and
rollers, choice of materials and the proper RPMs to match can make a
real monster out of a small device. Too high of a speed can throw it
all out of whack.

My apologies to the moderators if this is outside the realm of the
TCML, I just wanted to make my point. THANK YOU!