Re: [TCML] Grounding a Tesla Coil (Yes, Again)

Brandon Hendershot wrote:
I'd be interested to find out more details. That would be pretty unusual, unless, perhaps the mesh wasn't hooked up to anything.

I'll try to find that webpage again for you.

Are you operating your coil outside? or indoors? If you're indoors, running a long wire to the outside doesn't really help anything, and could make things worse.

How big is the coil?

I'm building the coil on my 2' x 6' windowsill. Once all the components are built and it's working right, I plan on incorporating it into a portable table. I plan on keeping it indoors though.

Then a 2x6 foot piece of chicken wire/aviary netting will work fine as a ground. You could extend it a couple more feet on either side with some PVC pipe when you operate. It's not like you're building a 6foot high 18" diameter pole pig powered unit.