Re: [TCML] Terry Filter Perf Board

I wonder if a heat gun might be able to release the pads from the board?  Or
if you have just a few localized problem areas (around HV leads), you could
use the soldering iron to heat up the pad until it falls off.

I found the pads usually fall off pretty easy if you solder to them as
intended more than one time (they are pretty much junk).  Of course i still
use them for cheap prototype stuff :-).

I personally would just drill out a piece of PE, lexan, or acrylic and make
my own board.

Steve

On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 8:28 AM, Brandon Hendershot <
brandonhendershot@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Agreed. I tried making an MMC with perf board with the "copper pads". There
> were sparks running all over the board with my 15/30 only dialed in at about
> 50-60 volts. I just got a piece of plexi and drilled my own holes. It's
> cheaper than a big piece of perf board, and it looks really nice.
> Brandon
>

> On May 3, 2010, at 6:08 AM, "Gary Lau" <glau1024@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>  I agree with Dan, using the board with the copper pads increases the
>> likelihood of arcing between pads, particularly in the area of the MOV's.
>> You might be able to salvage your board by taking a large diameter drill
>> bit
>> and removing the pads (both sides) BY HAND in the area of the MOV's, and
>> any
>> other smallish components.  Then drill out the copper barrel with a bit
>> just
>> larger than the hole diameter.
>>
>> Regards, Gary Lau
>> MA, USA

>>> Mistake. Will The Little Copper Pads Arc Across Like So Many Little Spark