Re: [TCML] Need Help Troubleshooting My First TC

Hi Gary,

20 mA, as well as 15 mA and 90 mA are all valid current values for  50/60
Hz neon transformers, or at least they used to be. The vast majority  today
are 30 and 60 ma, but 15 and 20 mA was/is used for indoor or low  brightness
applications. Larger diameter (20-25mm) cold cathode lighting is  usually
run at 90 or 120 mA.

But umm Hairball's could be a 20 mA solid state (high frequency) tranny,
which would explain why it stops working when connected to the coil and cap.
The  roll-your-own cap could also be shorted or be breaking down when power
is  applied.

Tony Greer

In a message dated 3/28/2010 9:14:51 P.M.  Central Daylight Time,