Re: [TCML] Flat Spiral Primary

Ken,

You could also use neon tube supports to hold the tubing in place. I used
12mm acrylic snap-in tube supports like these shown here:

_http://photos.imageevent.com/thepacratz/teslacoil/8inchcoil/websize/DSC0404
0.jpg_
(http://photos.imageevent.com/thepacratz/teslacoil/8inchcoil/websize/DSC04040.jpg)

This size fits 1/2" OD copper tubing very nicely, and can be mounted with a
 screw or cemented to an acrylic base like I did. These are made by the EGL
 company and are called "Clip-Its" and also come in 9mm, 10mm, and 15mm
sizes.

Also available are glass tube supports, 2" and 3 1/2" tall, with a  metal
base that could be used, with or without the base. A tie-wire is used to
hold the tube(ing) in place, instead of snapping into place. Cheaper, but more
labor involved and not quite as nice looking. Tube supports also make
pretty  good HV wiring standoffs to keep your primary wiring neat and tidy. Check
 with a sign shop that installs neon, and see what kinds of tube  supports
and silicone high voltage wire they have, or can order.

Tony Greer
Special Effects Neon
Lubbock, Texas

In a message dated 3/21/2010 5:17:37 P.M. Central Daylight Time,