Re: [TCML] sucker gap material

I remember when I met you at the Teslathon at the old military base in SF with the ships and you mentioned my sucker gap would be better off being a blower gap. That made perfect sense to me so I hope he goes for a blower gap, instead. I wish I had made it a blower gap. Maybe I'll just see if I can reverse something inside this vacuum motor to make it a blower.

________________________________
From: "Lau, Gary" <Gary.Lau@xxxxxx>
Sent: Wed, March 17, 2010 6:09:49 AM
Subject: RE: [TCML] sucker gap material

Thank you Bert,

I wasn't suggesting that _machining_ SS was hazardous and a source of toxins, just more difficult that brass.  That welding SS is a recognized hazard is good to know, even if some deny it.   Maybe a difference between melting it with a flame and vaporizing/ablating it with plasma?

For those interested, the safety URL you provided contains spaces, and the spaces are a necessary part of the URL.  So you can't just click on the link, as the spaces won't be picked up; one needs to copy and paste the whole thing into your browser:
"http://www.weldreality.com/Safety stainless issues.htm"  Never knew you can have embedded spaces!

Regards, Gary