Re: [TCML] Synchronous Motor Question

 generally speaking though, an AC motor rated at 1800 rpm will
actually be a sync motor.  I can't really imagine a typical 1800 rpm
ac motor not being synchonous.  (I suppose in rare cases it could be,
but I haven't seen it).  Usually the rated rpm for a regular non-sync
induction motor would be around 1725 rpm, which is considerably
different than 1800 rpm.  I admit there may be various rare, unusual
motors around that I haven't seen.

An induction motor may be good for gap use, but it doesn't mean
it's good enough for sync gap use.  I can't imagine any plain
induction motor (non-modified) being good enough for sync gap
use.

Although you may be technically correct in some ways, I stand
by my original statements (there may be some rare exceptions).

John