Re: [TCML] Double nested primaries / using 1 NST as 2 xfrmers?

Once I put 2 power supplies, 2 caps, 2 spark gaps, 2 flat primary coils on the same secondary coil.  I fire one 1 power supply at a time and got it adjusted then I fired up both power supplies at the same time.  The output was not much different that using just 1 power supply BUT every once in a while it would shoot a long spark that was about 6" longer than normal 20" spark.  You would do better to put 2 transformers on the same primary if your looking for longer sparks.

If your looking form some cool effects you can build a ion motor it is pretty cool.  Another thing that is really amazing is place an aluminum pie pan on top of the coil as the top load. Put 2 tablespoons of alcohol in the pan.  Don't use much alcohol for safety reason if you spill a small amount it won't be a big deal.  Ignite the alcohol with a match and it burns with a blue flame.  Fire up your TC and the blue flame turns into a 30" ball of blue sparks.  It appears to be 100,000s micro size sparks like a large blue ball of steel wool. I did this on my 4" TC with one 15k 30ma neon.

You can do some cool photography with HV the photos look like X-Rays.