Re: [TCML] Cutting Garolite disk

Draw a circle on the phenolic using a compass.  Use a jigsaw with a fine-toothed scrolling blade to cut out the circle.  Mark the center of the disk with a sharp punch--the stylus of the compass should've left a mark.  Drill a hole in the center.  A new, sharp, pilot-point drill bit is best for this task. Insert a close-fitting bolt in the hole and clamp it tightly using washers & nuts.  Chuck the assembly into a drill and spin the disk against a file or a sanding block to achieve perfect roundness.

This is not as easy as it sounds.  Best to budget a couple of hours for it.

I've made two, high speed ARSG disks using this technique.  They required no additional balancing, as vibration was negligible.

Greg