Re: [TCML] Effects of surrounding structures on coil performance

Thank you Gary, just what I wanted to hear.
I will continue to search for an optimal tuning point in the comfort
of my workshop.
I just didnt want to spend hours beating a dead horse or risk damage
to my MMC or NST.

Now, the table I was referring to is about 16" from the bottom of the
primary. It is all stainless including the legs and adjustable feet.
My RF grounds are tied into a 6' length of 4awg cable attached to a
copper-clad rod driven 4' into the ground, 5' outside the door.
Should I try to connect the table itself to the RF ground?
I do have mains wires and "run" caps for the phase controller under
the framework of the coil that would be only a few inches from the
surface of the table. Does that sound risky?

It is interesting to see that none of the florescent lights, including
the one I keep by my control panel to gauge my own RF exposure flicker
in the slightest. When I ran the old configuration outside I could
light a tube from 15 feet away. The structure must really absorb the
RF well.