Re: [TCML] Coil Volume and Others

It makes sense that the safety gaps are more prone to firing at 120 than
240BPS.  Assuming you're using the same cap size, the cap has only half as
long to charge at 240BPS, so it won't get to as high a voltage.

I know what "TDC" stands for, but I'm not sure it has any useful meaning
relative to sync gaps.  You're not thinking that the rotational point when
mains voltage peaks is where the sweet spot should be, are you?  The correct
timing can only be determined experimentally, and will differ depending on
cap size and Variac setting.  Setting a sync gap phase incorrectly can
definitely result in safety gap firing.  As I recall you're still using a
relatively small-value cap in your Freau phase adjuster.  I strongly
recommend using something larger to allow you greater latitude in adjusting
the phase.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA