Re: [TCML] Coil Volume and Others

Well, I tried 1.5 turns and that was a non-starter (literally).
It's more like 9 turns of 1/4" refrigeration tubing, 1/4" apart,  to tune with 41nf, 22" of 26Ga wire on the secondary, etc.  At least, that's my empirical result.  Lemme try doubling up on the toploads.  I've got another (smaller) toroid.  I will try stacking.

But I'm finding out  a lot of interesting stuff.  Like:

 - My Terry Filter safety gaps fire when I have the SRSG set at 120bps and it's out of tune.    It does not fire when I have the SRSG set to 240bps and it's out of tune.
 - I get arcing on the primary when I run at 240bps and the primary is in tune, but the SRSG is off TDC
 - I do not get arcing on the primary when I run at 120bps and the primary is in tune but the SRSG is off TDC (maybe this is because the terry filter gap is firing)

Because I have a persistent and driving need to construct things, I'm turning my propeller gap into an ARSG as I write this....  I suppose if I blow up my NSTs I'll just go build a DRSSTC.  I have one of Dan's kits sitting in the box in the corner, calling my name.