Re: [TCML] Paralleling 15/30 15/60 NSTs

Hi All,

Phased the 2 NSTs via the www.geekgroup.com  method.  Spliced them together and gave it a shot.  Only had the variac up about 1/2 way and I was getting pretty good sparks.  I was afraid to go further because I haven't yet increased the MMC.  I have all the 942 caps, just need to get behind the drill press and get to work this weekend.    I also have to pretty up the whole power supply because I just stripped various wires and tied things down un-workmanlike.  So no pictures until it's beautiful.

But the paralleling works well even though one is a 15/30 and the other is a 15/60.  So now I have a 15/90.

So, I'm looking for further guidance here....at some point you stop making it bigger, right?  Because I honestly see no end to my desire to keep tweaking and bringing up the power one quantum at a time, and making new spark gaps, and experimenting with break rates and architectures and endless refinements. I'm frightened by John's web site where he chronicles an angry neighbor attack.  I would not be as lucky.  With my hood, a neighbor would rush the running coil with a piece of steel conduit and get himself zapped before destroying my coil by collapsing into it with fibrillations.

So I'm trying to figure out when is a good time to stop with the power boosts - but I can't see the end right now.

My wife is already looking for a 12-step program for coilers and working to set up an intervention.

;-)
Joe