Re: [TCML] IGBT paralleling

Scott, all,

Since the concern of switching spikes has been mentioned in this thread, I would like to direct your attention to the "Predikter", a zero crossing prediction circuit of my own invention, which eliminates spikes due to the fact that it initiates the swiching before the zero crossing. This means that, as the IGBT has stopped conducting at the zero crossing, the freewheling diodes don't have to conduct, and therefore also don't have to be forced into reverse recovery. It is the brief shoot trough condition during forced reverse recovery of the freewheling diodes that chock excites the buss inductance, leading to fierce ringing of this intentionally high Q structure.

To learn more about the Predikter, read the thread at 4HV:
http://4hv.org/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?68820

Cheers, Finn Hammer