Re: [TCML] Video of my coil

Yes Matt, I sure did. They can only be what I would call "sprites".
They are in every video I took with my old 8mm mag-tape camera and only
appear while the coil is running.
They are definitely some sort of artifact although it is strange they seem
to follow the power lines.
With the better quality in the original film, you can see that they slowly
creep up, stop, then dart to the top of the frame, always moving at the same
rate, so they cant be real.
After I first got it running, I spent more time looking around for arcs and
sparks in the coils components than I did watching the streamers. Although
before I got the phase angle right I sure gave my Terry filter a good
workout.