RE: [TCML] Tiny VTTC

Hi All,
I have the article too, it uses a 6L6 tube which is a beam power tube typically used for audio. I can also send it along, it is a 5mb file. It used a to die for Miller HV output transformer, no longer available, for the HV.

The 'DQ6 was used in tube TV's for the horizontal oscillator and to drive the flyback transformer for the CRT HV. I built a 50 W ham transmitter using this tube a loooong time ago. As a starving novice, I scrounged tubes from scrapped TV sets and re-wound the power transformer for either a 6 or 12 V filament so I could run either tube. Even some of the small commercial ham transmitters used a pair of them in a push pull configuration.

If someone has some Sams from say the mid 60's, look at almost any TV schematic and you probably will see the HV circuit with a 'DQ6 tube. The earlier sets used a 6DQ6 and the later ones used a 12DQ6. This would be a good start for the circuit. Then wind a coil and experiment with the feedback windings. If you can find the specs on the flyback transformer from one of those schematics, they will give the winding details so you can have a starting point. Remember your TC will not have a ferrite core so the primary turns will have to be adjusted to compensate for that.

Frank

it seems to me that in about 1964, popular electronics had a plan for lil-TC and Big-TC - and the little one used a 6V6 - that woudl be a good place to start - I scanned the article some years back and sent it out to those who wanted it