From: tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of gary350@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: 19 January 2010 17:57
To: Tesla Coil Mailing List
Subject: [TCML] Is my 10" Tesla Coil Illegal ?

This time of the year when the air is cold and the humidity is extremely low static electricity is very high I get shocked every time I get IN or OUT of my SUV, take off my jacket or put on my jacket.  If I move the blankets in bed at night I see all kinds of sparks.  It is perfect for firing up my Tesla Coil and getting some very long sparks.   But I worry that this might be illegal.  My 10" TC makes 12 foot arcs I can make a 27 ft circle of arcs and sparks in the back yard with the 3 ft top load.  It makes every motion detector light and every security alarm system go off in a 4 block radius around my house.  After dark I can see motion detectors lights going on/off, on/off, on/off, on/off, on/off, in all directions as far as I can see.  My automatic garage door and all the neighbors garage doors are freaked out going up/down, up/down, up/down, up/down, up/down, up/down, over and over.  I can hear security alarms in all directions.  I road my bicycle through the neighbor hood and I can find alarm systems going off 4 blocks away in several directions from my house.  It totally distroys TV and it makes no difference if you have cable, satallite, or antenna TV is totally wiped out all reception for several blocks.  I don't fire up my 10" TC very often anymore I worry it might be illegal.