Re: [TCML] Is my 10" Tesla Coil Illegal ?

I actually e-mailed the FCC about this once and asked them, they said
running a Tesla coil is perfectly legal, as long as it does not
violate local noise regulation.  At the bottom of this page I copied
the letter, you may read it for yourself.
http://bogard.110mb.com/TCSafety.html
If you are making 12 foot sparks you are certainly generating enough
noise to be fined, unless of course your neighbors are as excited
about it as you.  Do check your RF ground, I never get any
interference at all; granted on a smaller system...  And it would be
best to get your neighbors approval before firing, if you cannot, I
don't know what to tell you...

Scott Bogard.