RE: [TCML] Phase Controller

Trial and error is what we all use.  Way easier than pioneering a mathematical model and solution.  Don't we all have a junk box full of motor caps? ;-)

Since the caps are used (energized) continuously, they need to be motor RUN caps, as opposed to motor START caps, which are only suitable for momentary operation.

I suggest asking others using the same size and type of motor as you are, what they use.  FWIW, with my small 3600RPM Teletype motor, I use a 40uF cap.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA