Re: [TCML] keeping primary copper tubing nice and shiny

LOTS of elbow grease to polish.
I use only Brasso, I have found this to be the best polish, and follow it with Flitz to give a final shine. You will be amazed how much it makes a difference. BUT and this is a big BUT, I have also found Flitz will tarnish quicker! The copper will tarnish faster on a coil than elsewhere due to the corona and ozone. Additional factors that will accelerate tarnish are cigarette smoke, pollution and wood smoke from stoves to name a few.
Then use Zinger spray shellac and spray the tubing.

Pretty much once you have the coil tuned you should not need to keep changing the tap, however, if you are always wanting to adjust the tap then put a good quality car wax on the tubing. This will keep the oxidation down for a good amount of time but you will have to repeat the process on a routine basis. The time between polishing and waxing strictly depends on your local area and how much you run the coil.

A more long term solution is to nickle plate the copper. This is actually easier than you think and can be done at home, you just need the plating chemicals, an adjustable low voltage current source (an old time battery eliminator works great) and a small paint brush.

I can send anyone my plating formula I found in an antique plating book. It works great! The chemicals are still available but very expensive now. I got mine many years ago as a fluke and cheap!

Frank