Sent: Monday, January 11, 2010 11:32 PM
Subject: RE: [TCML] primary voltage

When I made mine , I laid out the supports and then put the roll of tubing
in top of them, I started to snap the tubing in place in the center and
worked my way out, I put a C clamp with padding on the inter most part to
hold it in place. It was very easy to do and the copper is soft at first
try. Just IMHO.
Rich

This is the second time I have seen this comment about how hard it is to
work with solid copper wire versus 1/4" copper tubing. I have worked with
both quite a bit and IMHO, I have to disagree completely.

I have found that the tubing is stiffer than the solid wire and quickly work

hardens as it is bent and gets harder and harder to manipulate, until it
sometimes becomes necessary to anneal it in order to continue working with
it. The solid wire is much easier to work with. Now, I will say that I am
comparing 6AWG and 8AWG solid copper wire to 1/4" copper tubing and the wire

is considerably thinner, too.
Paul
Think Positive

----- Original Message ----- 00