Re: [TCML] primary voltage

Oh boy, when I read primary circuit, I thought tank cap and gave you my tank cap rating. I have a 15kV 30mA NST and a 36kV 8nf tank capacitor. So when you say 30 -100 kV, you speak of the transformers rated output. Right? Sorry, still kinda fresh with all this "tesla talk".

On Jan 7, 2010, at 8:31 PM, mddeming@xxxxxxx wrote:

Hi Brandon,

Unless you are using some sort of multiplier circuit or are counting heavily on transformer-killing resonant rise, I don't see how you can get 36 kV flowing in your primary circuit from a 15 kV transformer. Please explain this circuit.

Matt D.

-----Original Message-----
From: Brandon Hendershot <mrbrandman@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Thu, Jan 7, 2010 9:58 pm
Subject: Re: [TCML] primary voltage

Hi Steve,

Once again, sorry. I believe I misinterpreted the post. I told you my whole primary 'curcuit' voltage. Not my transformers output.

Thanks though,
Brandon

On Jan 7, 2010, at 4:46 PM, steve date <sdate@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Brandon,

Are you sure your primary supply is 36kv.... or 36kva ?????? big > difference.

steve - seattle

Hi Matt,

Reading your post was kind of disturbing! You said all that happens > somewhere inbetween 30 and 100 kV?Is there a tighter more precise > range you know of? Because my coils primary circuit voltage will be > hovering around 36kV. Should I be too worried about insulating every > little point and wire? If it matters at all, I'm installing a Terry > filter too. Those chunky resistors won't affect the issue much I > assume?

Thanks,
Brandon