Re: [TCML] primary voltage

Hey Brandon...

Things are much clearer now that we know what type of trannie you have. The primary circuit voltage is determined by the output of the primary circuit transformer, being that the cap "can" recieve a charge about 1.4 X the transformers "output", certian needs to be considered when putting together the cap assembly. Soooo... if you have a 10Kvac trannie, one should design the cap to handle 14Kvac ( at a minimum). I prefer 2+ X the capacity of the trannie to keep the caps safe from over voltage.
Scot D

Brandon Hendershot wrote:

Hi Steve,

Once again, sorry. I believe I misinterpreted the post. I told you my whole primary 'curcuit' voltage. Not my transformers output.

Thanks though,
Brandon