Re: [TCML] primary voltage

Hey Kevin...

Most people use whats commonly available, in most cases, NSTs ( which run from 12K to 15K Vac), Distribution transformers ( aka Pole Pigs) average about 14.4 Kvac. As far as practical upper limits.... that depends on how well you can insulate the primary, the monetary limit you have for hi volt caps, and your level of responcibility around voltages that can reach out and getya!! I dont know what the highest voltage has been applied to a primary, but I myself run 28.8KVac and sometimes run it up to 32Kvac with the variacs on full power.

Scot D

makinglightning@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

What is the practical upper limit on the primary tank circuit?

What is the highest primary tank voltage that people have used?

Kevin