RE: [TCML] Controlling Speed of an AC (Muffin) Fan

No.  The thing about a sucker gap is that the arc is concentrated in a small ring, and it was easy to plumb and focus the airflow from the vac motor directly through that channel.  An RQ gap is typically inside a cylinder, and it would be difficult to focus that airflow where it is needed.  Plus, I believe that one of the advantages of the sucker gap is the fact that there's only a single spark gap with abundant airflow - things not true about an RQ gap.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA