[TCML] Synchronous Motor

Hi,

Trying to figure out the right motor type to run an SRSG with NSTs..  I know I want a synchronous motor and I have read that it should be a salient pole type.  So my questions are;
Is a synchronous motor with 4 poles with an RPM of 1800 a salient pole? Or 6 poles at 1200 RPM, etc... Or just a synchronous motor?
If the motor is just synchronous without salient pole properties, does this mean I have to "re-sync" the spark gap every time the motor starts?
Do Hysteresis Synchronous Motors have salient pole properties?

Final question;
I know I want something north of 5 watts but is there a general rule for rotor disk size and speed of motor (dictating number of electrodes) that determines minimum motor power?

Thank you for sharing your knowledge, I do appreciate it.

Miles