Re: [TCML] interesting spark gap idea

So whether or not this EXACT design has been done is debatable.? Either way it doesn't matter to me. But thanks Finn for the name " Ram's horn gap", I got a kick out of that, as far as I'm concerned that's what it shall be called. When I showed a fellow coiler a poorly drawn sketch of the gap yesterday before I posted the idea he jokingly called it the kidney gap, (being that my crude sketch looked like two kidneys) Anyways thanks to everyone for your opinions, suggestions, and criticism. All were great ideas including end caps and speed control. If I get around to building this thing I'll post results/pics. For the time being all my resources are
going into my new M.O.T. powered DC resonant coil(which is coming along a a snail's pace) and my old trusty fan cooled spark gap is working just fine
giving me frequent 38" arcs from a 9/60. being that I'm in my mid-twenties
and just got into coiling this past year the opinions of you more experienced guys means a lot as I continue to soak up knowledge from your past and present posts. thanks again,
Norm
Demotte, IN