Re: [TCML] interesting spark gap idea

This has been done. I have one and I have seen pics of other people spark gap.  It works best with a variac and a variable speed fan you can dial in the perfect air speed.  Turn the dial you can see the output spark get longer and shorter it only takes a few seconds to dial in maximun length sparks.  I use a vacuum cleaner motor on a RQ gap with 8 gaps of 3/4" x 2" copper pipe inside of a 4" PVC pipe 6" long.  I have posted pics in the past. For some reason Photobucket will not allow me to access page 2, 3, 4 and 5 I will post a pic later. It is called a Variable Speed Vacuum Fan Spark Gap = VSVFSG

Gary Weaver