RE: [TCML] New Ground Question. Surface area

The best clamp is a welding connector. I'm using welding wire that's the same diameter as my ground rod, so I got a connector for that size cable. The female end is simply attached to the top of the ground rod, making for a quick, solid, high amperage connection.

Something like this:

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/items/1UYF6