Re: [TCML] DANGER Ground wire question (Need a straight answer)

Hi Drake,

A very short ground wire is too close to the coil for you to be near enough to touch it while it is running.
A very long ground wire can develop several hundred to several thousand volts drop along its length, so it depends on where you touch it.
Hanging a wire out the window, even with a warning sign on it, does NOT absolve you from liability for an "attractive nuisance".
Grounding to a shared water system in a high-rise building could result in both civil and criminal liability. Consider the situation of a streamer becoming a "ground strike" at the same time someone below (and closer to earth ground) is fetching a glass of water or taking a shower.

Let's look at it another way:

Case 1 Those who say "Don't Touch" are right and you take their advice.........Result-- :-))
Case 2 Those who say "Don't Touch" are wrong and you still take their advice Result-- :-|
Case 3 Those who say "Don't Touch" are wrong and you ignore their advice... Result-- :-)
Case 4 Those who say "Don't Touch" are right and you don't take their advice.Result-- :-((((

When soliciting advice, consider the consequences to YOUR hind quarters of all four cases.

Much more liability attaches to the taking of erroneous advice from the internet than does to giving it.
A majority of those with three or more decades of TC/HV experience and all their body parts are in the "Don't Touch" group.

"Do you feel lucky today....?"

Matt D.