RE: [TCML] DANGER Ground wire question (Need a straight answer)

Hi Jim, et al,

I would like to add (our lder members please indulge me) that it only takes
a couple hundred volts (the outer 1 meg or so of skin resistance quickly
becomes a low value carbon resistor) across the hands, down the leg, or??,
through the heart to produce enough mils to throw the heart into Ventricular
Fibrillation.

Everyone on this list should fundamentally understand what that is. HV
obviously has the additional hazard of only needing only to be close enough
to open an arc channel which can equal holding the electrodes or worse,
since the burns are immediate. I purchased 800v B+ and went into arterial
fib when I was young.

When we work with HP pigs we are talking about dismemberment of extremities
and almost surely death. MOT's are in the real Danger Zone of seriously
damaging or stopping the heart.

RF has its own set of hazards that people such as you and our other experts
can define. I don't trust the skin effect protecting me in my remaining
years! (Especially with a 5KW VTTC)

I have been bitten twice seriously in my life. Trust me, if you survive it,
the internal burns are very painful.

That being said however, I really appreciated the knowledge of our AM lurker
on antenna ground planes.

So...why invite the possibility of a mishap when dangers are always
lurking...I have the arguably extra danger of ground plane attachment of one
side of my pig. I don't want to be anywhere near the close field influence
of my TC ground or coil!

BTW, I still have a strong heart; but am lucky to be alive and am an
amazement to my Cardiologist, after all, he generally deals in 200 joules or
so and a few thousand volts :-^)

Last time I saw him, some time ago, he came into the exam room and I had on
lineman gloves and welding goggles - a great picture since he looks much
like Young Frankenstein as we age!

Please be careful out there, and get a good "hold on the earth" - whatever
it takes. And then stay away from it when running your coil or in an
electrical storm!

Jim Mora