Re: [TCML] sparks from water

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz wrote:
jimlux wrote:
google "Kelvin water dropper"

A bit tricky to get them to work (insulation is the key) but lots of fun. You can build really big ones (using things like 2 gallon metal pails) or tiny ones.

Somewhere around I have a paper from the 19th century describing one using a sort of shower head.

Probably this:
http://www.coe.ufrj.br/~acmq/fuller1.jpg
http://www.coe.ufrj.br/~acmq/fuller2.jpg
http://www.coe.ufrj.br/~acmq/fuller3.jpg
http://www.coe.ufrj.br/~acmq/fuller4.jpg
M. Fuller, "Machine à influence à jet d'eau," La Lumiére électrique, Vol. 33, 39, 28 September 1889, pp. 623-626.

That's the one, and it was from you. I actually have some of the parts (cheap shower heads on sale) and I've just never got around to building it.

I was thinking about doing it as a clever garden sculpture