Re: [TCML] 1/4 wavelength theory ??

Shannon Weinhold wrote:
> I obviously need to touch up on my tech knowledge before
> I go spouting off on here. :)

No, please spout!   Your question cut straight to the difficulty
and was a good one.   More like that please.   Good questions
are the seeds from which a good thread grows, and a good thread
often leads to new ideas, and so on.

Fact is, the question of whether a TC is a 1/4 wave resonator
often comes up, and the answer is both yes and no.  That makes
it a good question - one which a lot of list members would 2nd.
It creates an opportunity to present a bit of resonator physics,
which, these days, doesn't get discussed as much as it used to.

Perhaps someone will take the bait in my last post and ask what
3/4 wave has got to do with magnifiers.
--
Paul Nicholson