Re: [TCML] Top volts with losses (formula bad)

Id be surprised if you could get a reasonably good analytic solution for a
wide range of coils.  If you assumed no output spark, its fairly easy (and
id imagine the solution you had was fine, but i didnt check it), but once
you get streamers, the impedance of the load is dynamic and non-linear, so i
see no solution other than numerical methods.

All of my various measurements of how sparks impact an operating system
still leave me in the dark.  Understanding the spark impedance vs Voltage
and time (i believe the time constants associated with spark production are
certainly on the time scale of a tesla coil RF envelope) seems to be quite
elusive.  This is probably the main reason i've stuck with this hobby for so
long.

Steve