From: "Dex Dexter" <dexterlabs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [TCML] Top volts with losses
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2010 12:40:47 -0800

I played a lot with PSPICE simuls  last few
days and by aid of Wolfram's package Mathematica
managed to find the following formula:

http://i567.photobucket.com/albums/ss118/dexdex666/lossy_coil.jpg

I don't know if formula like this one can be of any use
 today in the age of powerful computer programs and stuff,
but this wasn't my intention anyway.
You have to know Q1 and Q2 in advance to make it useful
(perhaps if you are in position to measure decay of
current waveforms in primary and bottom of secondary that
could provide Qs information).
The main motivation for doing this was to find something
relatively simple but accurate enough which could illustrate
interlation between Qs and ks parameters in the specified range
in the consideration of loss issues.
Just wanted to shere this with you guys.

Dex